First, you should obtain written consent from the owner of the land who is looking for the crane swing and confirming the ease of paying all your legal and other consulting fees, even if the parties do not agree on the terms of the facility. An even more conservative approach would be for storages to be paid for by the owner who seeks relief from your advisors. What you want to avoid are ongoing costs with your lawyer, engineer and other advisors, and then risk being personally responsible for these expenses if the project does not progress or if you are unable to arrange with the person seeking relief. An experienced developer will know that your compensation claims will be mitigated if you have the option to pay several thousand dollars to your advisors if you fail to reach an agreement with the developer on the terms of the swing and the ease of sub-farmer. Suppose an owner obtains a license from a neighbour to allow the use of the edge of the neighbour`s property for the owner`s entrance. Intervention is now allowed, but only for a limited time. If the owner or neighbour sells the property, the license is automatically revoked. In this case, access becomes an intervention in the neighbour`s property, and the neighbour may require that the penetrating part of the access be removed. The courts will endeavour to obtain the express intent of the parties to decide whether the authorized use is based on facilitation or a licence. Therefore, when a written agreement granted « authorization » for the construction of access, but also found that the benefits and burdens of the agreement went to the « heirs and beneficiaries of the transfer » of both parties, relief was found, although no word of grant was used. If you expect to develop your property in the future or sell your property to a developer, you can choose the approach of asking for nominal compensation, but asking for a mutual crane swing and supporting the relief of your neighbour`s property for an extended period (five, ten years or more).